Finding freelance writing opportunities can be really difficult sometimes for people who are serious about doing it for long-term income. There are many barriers that will make a lot of people give up in frustration because they cannot either find work or they cannot find it consistently enough.
The good news is that if you are really dedicated you can overcome a lot of the obstacles that come with trying to find freelance work from home. But in order for you to overcome them first you need to know what they are, so here is a list of the hurdles that many people face when trying to find freelance writing work.
They Have No Credibility
When you are first trying to find freelance writing opportunities, you may come to the realization that people do not want to hire because you are new. Often you are asked for samples which you have no problem providing but then you may still get rejected for a particular job. Also, some providers try to take advantage of new writers by asking them to send in a sample article related to their niche, turn the person down for the job, but then still use the content that was created.
Unfortunately, when you have not established credibility you are more of a target for these kind of things. Often times you may have to write for less money until you prove your worth on a freelance writing site. You also have to be very consistent when it comes to bidding as it really is a numbers game although it is also a quality game. So to get some credibility just offer your services for a reduced price until you gain credibility and can increase your price while still getting more business.
The Competition Is Fierce
Finding freelance writing opportunities is also at times difficult because of the stiff competition you will face when you are looking for work. You are up against people from all over the world who make it their job to troll the freelancing sites looking for jobs for writers. They are able to do a lot of work and do it in bulk because they usually have a team of people who are working with them to make ends meet.
This is why you have to present a good proposal that is written specifically for the offer that you are bidding on. If you do that you will be able to stand out from the rest of the crowd and win enough jobs to bring in a consistent income. You should also be able to retain this person as a steady customer and get to work with them away from the freelancing site format so you can avoid paying the fees these sites charge for use of their services.
Get Paid to Write Online
If you want to get paid to write and want to work from home, then here are eight tips to help you get started.
Think about it. There is so much information on the Internet that you can find out anything that you want to know. Behind all the information are people who set up websites and people who write the content. And you can make money by writing articles for these millions of websites.
If you would like to make money writing online, here are a few tips to start your own service:
1. There is a demand for writers online. All you have to do is find out who these people are that need content. There is a huge variety of websites set up specifically where you can get paid to write. A quick Google search will show you where to go.
2. You need to set up an advertisement for your services that is appealing, so take time when you put your advertisement together. Remember this is what customers will initially see and if your ad is not attractive you are not going to get any orders.
3. You need to gain people’s trust in order for them to order from you. Initially, you can offer free articles in exchange for a review or have a portfolio of sample articles. That way you can prove that your writing skills are good and having positive reviews puts other clients at ease that you are capable of providing them with high quality content.
4. Set your pricing. It is always a good idea to first start at a lower rate, if you are doing well you can always increase your price later. You should do some research to see what other writers are charging so you can get an idea of what rates you should charge.
5. When you start getting orders make sure that you know exactly what it is that your clients want. You make think this is obvious but it is so important and you will avoid having to refund your clients.
6. Ensure that you have no grammatical or spelling errors in the articles that you submit. Proof-read every article twice before you send them to your clients.
7. Do your research. It is vital that you write articles that are informative. There may be a lot of topics that you will need to write on that are not familiar to you. Your clients need content that will give their readers what they want.
8. Online marketers need original content. You need to ensure that the work you produce has not been copied. If your articles are not unique you may have to re-write them or refund your client.
Just like any business you need to satisfy your customers and you need to build up a reputation. If you use these tips you will be able to work from home and set the hours when you do work.
Finding freelance writing opportunities is a job within itself. But you should not let it intimidate you. There is more then enough work to go around for people who are willing to create value for their customers. In this way you will build solid, long lasting relationships and pretty soon work will be getting referred to you by past clients. At that point, you will get paid to write without having to rustle up customers yourself – a very nice place to be for sure.